Israel Successfully tested its Arrow-2 Ballistic Missile Interceptor
- Posted By
Science & Technology
15th Aug, 2020
- Israel Defence Minister Benny Gantz announced that Israel has successfully tested their advanced missile defence system, Arrow-2.
- It is a ballistic missile interceptor, which serves as the top tier integrated Israeli shield built to withstand various missile salvoes, was built with the support of the United States of America.
- The Missile Defence Agency (MDA) of the United States of America along with Israeli Air Force and Israel Aerospace Industries conducted the testing.
- Arrow 2 is a multi-layered system designed and manufactured by Israel Aerospace Industries and Boeing, US based industry.
- Arrow 2 is designed to defend the short and mid-range rockets and long range missiles were introduced in March 2000.
- The Arrow-2 system along with the new generation Arrow-3 are a part of Israel’s multi-layer defence doctrine which include Iron Dome, a short-range anti-rocket system, and David’s Sling, a medium-to-long-range missile defence system, which can
- defend threats from outside the atmosphere.