Pan India Time Use Survey released
- Posted By
10th Oct, 2020
- India’s first Pan India time use survey was released.
- Released by: Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- Paid employment
- Men: 57.3% of the people surveyed (7 hours 39 minutes)
- Women: 18.4% (5 hours 33 minutes)
- Unpaid domestic services
- Men: 26.1% (1 hour 37 minutes)
- Women: 81.2% (4 hours 59 minutes)
- • Social activities
- • Unpaid volunteer work
- A time use survey measures the amount of time people spend doing various activities, such as paid work, childcare, volunteering, and socialising.
- Objective: To measure participation of men and women in paid and unpaid activities.
- The “NSS Report- Time Use in India 2019” is the first such pan India survey which was conducted between January and December 2019.
- Paid employment includes jobs, farming, fishing, mining amongst other economic activities