What is Square Kilometre Array, the world’s largest radio telescope
- Posted By
Science & Technology
5th Feb, 2021
- The Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO) Council held its maiden meetingand approved the establishment of the world’s largest radio telescope.
What are radio telescopes?
- Radio telescopes can detect invisible gas and.
- They can reveal areas of space that may be obscured by cosmic dust.
Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO)
- SKAO is a new intergovernmental organisation dedicated to radio astronomy.
- Headquarters: The United Kingdom.
- Countries involved: Organisations from ten countries are a part of the SKAO. These include Australia, Canada, China, India, Italy, New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, the Netherlands and the UK.