World Breastfeeding Week (WBW)
- Posted By
5th Aug, 2020
- Recently more than120 countries around the world are celebrating the week-long World Breastfeeding Week.
- The theme of this year is to support breastfeeding for a healthier planet and taking precautionary measures considering the global pandemic.
- It was first celebrated since 1992 and now held annually from 1 to 7 August
- It helps to promote exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of life which has huge health benefits.
- It is jointly organized by the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA), the World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF).