- Posted By
Science & Technology
24th Aug, 2020
- Recently, Citizen Scientists and NOIR Lab facilities discovered almost 100 nearby cool Brown Dwarfs.
- Brown dwarf are an astronomical object that is intermediate between a planet and a star.
- They are usually had a mass less than 0.075 that of the Sun, or roughly 75 times that of Jupiter.
- They are outside the solar system, they give off little light and energy and they are challenging to locate.
- Brown dwarfs are also called failed stars, because their masses are heavier than planets but lighter than stars.
- Due to their small masses, they are unable to sustain fusion of their hydrogen to produce energy.
- It is believed that some of the more massive brown dwarfs fuse deuterium or lithium and glow faintly.
Verifying, please be patient.