National Sports Awards 2020
- Posted By
24th Aug, 2020
- National Sports Awards are given every year to recognize and reward excellence in sports.
- It comprises the following awards
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna - It is the highest sporting honour of India, instituted in 1991-92.
- The recipient(s) is/are honoured for their outstanding performance in the field of sports over a period of four years at international level.
- Dronacharya Awards - It was instituted in 1985, to honour eminent Coaches for producing medal winners at prestigious International sports events.
- Arjuna awards - It was instituted in 1961, to be eligible for the Award, a sportsperson should have had not only good performance over the previous four years at the International level but also should have shown qualities of leadership, sportsmanship and a sense of discipline.
- Dhyan Chand Award - It was instituted in 2002, It is an award for life-time achievements in sports.
- Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award - It is the highest national recognition for outstanding achievements in the field of adventure on land, sea and air.
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy - It was instituted in 1956-57 to honour the top overall performing university in the Inter-University Tournaments.
- Rashtriya Khel Protsahana Purushkar - It was instituted from 2009 to recognize the corporate entities (both in private and public sector) and individuals who have played a visible role in the area of sports promotion and development.