Harit Path App
- Posted By
24th Aug, 2020
- The National Highways Authority of India has developed a mobile App called Harit Path recently.
- Its Aim is to monitor location, growth, species details, maintenance activities, targets and achievements for each and every plant under all plantation projects.
- The app will monitor the plantations through geo-tagging and web-based GIS enabled monitoring tools.
- It emphasizes on strict monitoring of plantation and transplantation of trees.
- The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways suggested that specialised persons/agencies should be hired for plantation of trees along the highways.
- It plans to involve NGOs, Self-help groups and Horticulture and Forest department for the purpose.
- This will be done to achieve the goal of 100% plantation on highways up to March 2022.
- The photographs along with data of the plants captured using Harit Path App shall be uploaded every 3 months on NHAI’s AI powered Big Data Analytics platform – Data Lake.
Verifying, please be patient.