- Posted By
11th Aug, 2020
- Depsang Plains are located at the Line of Actual Control that separates the Indian and Chinese controlled regions.
- The Chinese Army occupied most of the plains in 1962.
- India controls the western portion of the plains as part of Ladakh, whereas the eastern portion is part of the Aksai Chin region, which is controlled by China and claimed by India.
- Depsang is also close to the Karakoram Pass, overlooking the very strategic Saltoro Ridge and Siachen glacier.
- Daulat Beg Oldie (DBO) is a historic campsite and current military base located in Ladakh, on an ancient trade route connecting Ladakh to the Tarim Basin.
- Recently military level strategic talks were held about the region between India and China at the Daulat Beg Oldie
- This is the first Major General-level talks since the violent clash at Galwan.
Verifying, please be patient.