Indira Van Mitan Yojana
- Posted By
11th Aug, 2020
- CM of Chhattisgarh announced the launch of “Indira Van Mitan Yojana”, an initiative to support the forest dwellers of Chhattisgarh to achieve self-reliance.
- The scheme aims to add around 19 lakh families from the scheduled areas of Chhattisgarh and provide self-employment opportunities to the tribal forest dwellers.
- A group of 10 to 15 youngsters will be formed in around 10,000 villages in the tribal areas of Chhattisgarh; to manage the forest based economic activities.
- The groups will enable the establishment of new avenues to enable self-employment for the forest dwellers and manage the procurement, processing and marketing of the forest produce.
- The plantation of fruit bearing trees and medicinal plants are encouraged under the scheme.
Verifying, please be patient.