DRDO successfully flight tests Indigenously Developed Anti Radiation Missile
- Posted By
Science & Technology
13th Oct, 2020
- RUDRAM: India’s first indigenous anti-radiation air-to-surface missile for Indian Air Force (IAF).
- The missile is integrated on SU-30 Mk1 fighter aircraft.
- It is designed to detect, track and neutralize the adversary’s radar, communication assets and other radio frequency sources which are generally part of their air defense systems.
- The missile’s navigation mechanism comprises an inertial navigation system — a computerized mechanism that uses changes in the object’s own position coupled with GPS which is satellite-based.
- For guidance, it has a “passive homing head” — a system that can detect, classify and engage targets (radio frequency sources in this case) over a wide band of frequencies as programmed.
- The missile has an operational range of more than 100 km, based on the launch parameters from the fighter jet.