Property Cards to be distributed under SVAMITVA scheme
- Posted By
Polity & Governance
13th Oct, 2020
- Indian Prime Minister will launch the physical distribution of Property Cards under the SVAMITVA Scheme on October 11, 2020 to transform rural India.
- SVAMITVA scheme was launched in April 2020.
- Aim: To provide the record of rights to village household owners in rural areas and issue Property Cards.
- It is being implemented across India in a phased manner over a period of four years. It will cover around 6.62 lakh villages.
- The launch will enable around 1 lakh property holders to download their Property Cards through the SMS link delivered on their mobile phones.
- This would be followed by physical distribution of the Property Cards by the respectiveState governments.The move will pave the way for using property as a financial asset by villagers for taking loans and other financial benefits.