Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization(SMAM).
- Posted By
13th Oct, 2020
- Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization(SMAM)2014 for inclusive growth of farm mechanization to boost productivity.
- To expand the reach of farm mechanization to small and marginal farmers and to the regions where availability of farm power is low;
- Promoting ‘Custom Hiring Centers’ to offset the adverse economies of scale arising due to small landholding and high cost of individual ownership;
- Creating hubs for hi-tech & high value farm equipment’s.
- Creating awareness among stakeholders through demonstration and capacity building activities.
- Ensuring performance testing and certification at designated testing centers located all over the country.
- Agriculture Infrastructure Fund: a Central Sector Scheme, aims to provide medium to long-term debt financing for setting up of post-harvest infrastructure and communityassets for marketing of farm produce.
- Under the scheme, Rs. 1 Lakh Crore will be provided by banks and financial institutions as loans with interest subvention of 3% per annum and credit guarantee coverage under Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE) scheme for loans up to Rs. 2 Crore.
- Beneficiaries: Farmers, PACS, Marketing Cooperative Societies, FPOs, SHGs, Joint Liability Groups (JLG), Multipurpose Cooperative Societies, Agri-entrepreneurs, Startups, and Central/State agency or Local Body sponsored Public-Private Partnership Projects.
- PM KISAN: It is a Central Sector Scheme launched in 2018 to provide income support by way of a cash benefit to all landholding farmers (subject to certain exclusion criteria) to enable them to fulfill their agricultural requirements and support their families.Financial benefit of Rs.6000/- per year is provided to eligible beneficiary farmers in three equal installments.