GovernmentliftstheexportbanonBangalore rose onion
- Posted By
13th Oct, 2020
- It is locally called gulabieerulli.
- It is a variety of onion grown in and around Bangalore, Karnataka.
- These are not cultivated in any other place in India.
- The onions of this variety have bulbs with flat base and are spherical.
- These have deep scarlet red colour, anthocyanin, phenols and high pungency.
- They also contain higher levels of protein, phosphorus, iron and carotene.
- It got the Geographical Indication tag in 2015.