India and Japan sign Memorandum of Cooperation in field of cybersecurity
- Posted By
11th Oct, 2020
- Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) in the field of cybersecurity between India and Japan.
- The Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) will enhance cooperation in areas of mutual interest which include:
- Capacity building in the area of cyberspace.
- Protection of critical infrastructure.
- Cooperation in emerging technologies.
- Sharing information on cyber security threats/incidents and malicious cyber activities.
- Developing joint mechanisms for practical cooperation to mitigate cyber threats.
- Reciprocal Provision of Supplies and Services agreement: It is a mutual logistics agreement signed between India and Japan.
- Lunar Polar Exploration mission: It is a joint mission of ISRO and Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) to be launched in 2023. It aims to send a lunar rover and lander to explore the south pole region of the