Kasturi Cotton: India’s premium Cotton
- Posted By
11th Oct, 2020
- The 1st ever Brand & Logo for Indian Cotton was launched on 2nd World Cotton Day.
- Launched by: Ministry of Textiles
- Now India’s premium Cotton would be known as ‘Kasturi Cotton’ in the world cotton Trade.
- Cotton is one of the principal commercial crops of India.
- It provides livelihood to about 6 million cotton farmers.
- India is the 2nd largest cotton producer.
- It is the largest consumer of cotton in the world.
- A mobile app, “Cott-Ally” has been developed by Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) for providing latest news regarding condition, Crop situation and best farm practices.