National Digital Health Mission
- Posted By
18th Aug, 2020
- The National Digital Health Mission was launched by PM Modi on August 15, 2020.
- Its aim is to make India a Digital Health Nation through a National digital health ecosystem.
- The NDHM is a complete digital health ecosystem with personal health IDs for every Indian and digitisation of health records.
- It consists of a registry of doctors and health facilities across the country.
- The digital platform will be launched with four key features – Health ID, Personal health records, Digi Doctor and Health facility registry.
- This ID will be applicable across states, hospitals, diagnostic laboratories and pharmacies.
- The patient will grant permission to access confidential medical data at every visit to doctor, enabling privacy of the patient.
- At a later stage, it will also include e-pharmacy and telemedicine services, regulatory guidelines for which are being framed.
- The National Health Agency (implementing agency for Ayushman Bharat) has created the platform, which will be available in the form of an app and website.
- The as it will be up to an individual to get enrolled on the app.