Pumas adapt behaviour to save energy
- Posted By
23rd Aug, 2020
- As per a new study, Pumas have an ability to assess their surrounding terrain and accordingly use a suitable walking gait to conserve energy.
- The cats travel more slowly while ascending or descending mountains to conserve energy.
- Puma is also known as mountain lions or cougars.
- It is the top feline predator, native to North and South Americas.
- Its native range is diminishing due to increasing agriculture and urbanisation.
- Threats: Road collisions, fires and poaching of their wild prey.
- IUCN status: Least Concern