Asian Development Bank (ADB):
- Posted By
14th Oct, 2020
- ADB, India sign $270 million loan to improve urban services in 64 Madhya Pradesh small cities.
- It is a regional development bank.established on 19 December 1966.
- Headquartered — Manila, Philippines.
- Official United Nations Observer.
- The bank admits the members of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP, formerly the Economic Commission for Asia and the Far East or ECAFE) and non-regional developed countries.
- ADB now has 68 members, 49 from within Asia.
- Voting rights: It is modeled closely on the World Bank, and has a similar weighted voting system where votes are distributed in proportion with members’ capital subscriptions.
- As of 31 December 2019, ADB’s five largest shareholders are Japan and the United States (each with 15.6% of total shares), the People’s Republic of China (6.4%), India (6.3%), and Australia (5.8%).
- ADB is dedicated to reducing poverty in Asia and the Pacific through inclusive economic growth, environmentally sustainable growth, and regional integration.