Malabar2020 Naval Exercise to see Australian Navy participation
- Posted By
21st Oct, 2020
- This year Malabar 2020 will see the participation of the Australian Navy as well.
- Objective: To increase cooperation with other countries in the maritime security domain; To increase defence cooperation with Australia
- The participants of Exercise Malabar 2020 shall engage to enhance safety and security in the maritime domain.
- They collectively support free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific and remain committed to a rules based international order.
- The Malabar series of Naval exercises started in 1992.
- It started as a bilateral Indian Navy-US Navy exercise.
- Later on, Japan joined the Naval exercise in 2015.
- This annual exercise is expected to be held in the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea later this year.