Knowledge Resource Centre Network (KRCNet)
- Posted By
Polity & Governance
29th Jul, 2020
- On the Foundation Day of Ministry of Earth Sciences launched the MoES-Knowledge Resource Centre Network (KRCNet)
- Its Aim is to develop a World-Class Knowledge Resource Centre Network (KRCNet).
- A pilot project has been developed at MoES headquarters which will be integrated with other MoES institutes.
- Its Main Objective
- Establish a Total Quality Management (TQM) system by securing ISO certification for documenting MoES knowledge resources, its maintenance, easy retrieval and dissemination.
- Collect, collate, analyze, index, store and disseminate the intellectual resources, products and project outputs available in MoES headquarter and its institutes.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date meta-data of the print & digital resources available in MoES headquarter and MoES institutes, including MoES services.
- Provide 24X7 accesses to the subscribed knowledge contents through the KRCNet portal.
- Application of information-analytical tools & techniques like bibliometrics, scientometrics, big-data analytics, social media analytics etc., for policy formulation, report preparation and information dissemination.
- Periodically organize training workshops to popularize the usage of electronic journals, databases, digital products, data analytics etc.