MAUSAM mobile App
- Posted By
Polity & Governance
29th Jul, 2020
- The mobile app has been designed and developed jointly by ICRISAT’s Digital Agriculture & Youth (DAY) team, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune and India Meteorological Department.
- The app will provide information on current weather with temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction for around 200 cities.
- The information on the app will be updated 8 times a day.
- It will also provide the weather forecast for next 7 days and the information of the past 24 hours for around 450 cities in India
- The now casting, three hourly warnings, local weather phenomena and the intensity for about 800 stations and districts will be provided.
- The application provides colour coded alerts – red, yellow and orange – for the entire district, two times a day for 5 days to warn the people prior to extreme weather.
Verifying, please be patient.