Special Window for Affordable and Mid Income Housing (SWAMIH)
- Posted By
Polity & Governance
29th Jul, 2020
- Recently, 81 stressed housing projects approved under the Special Window for Affordable and Mid Income Housing (SWAMIH).
- It will enable the completion of nearly 60,000 homes across India.
- It was announced by the Finance Minister.
- SWAMIH Investment Fund I have been formed to complete construction of stalled, brownfield, RERA registered residential developments that are in the affordable housing / mid-income category, are net worth positive and requires last-mile funding to complete construction.
- The total corpus of INR 25000 Cr.
- The Sponsor of the Fund is the Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, and Government of India on behalf of the Government of India.